Tuesday, May 22, 2012

VATICAN SPIRAL


Vatican Museum Spiral

by Adam Allegro
Welcome back!  It has been a whirlwind weekend of exploring the beauty of Italy and I have hundreds of photos to get through.  I apologize for the lack of posting, but just know it was a good investment, as I have tons of new material to share with all of you!
We begin today with a photo I took from the spiral staircase at the exit of the Vatican Museum in Vatican City (Rome), Italy.  After braving the loud tourists, never-ending lines, and snap-happy Asian tourists, we finally reached the exit staircase, my favorite part of the museum.  It is a truly beautiful work of art and fairly difficult to capture unless you have a wide enough lens.  I went ultra-wide, taking this photo a third of the way down, and was able to come away with a pretty neat view.  The huge viewing angle of the Nikon 14-24 mm wide-angle lens is something you need to see to believe.  Here it was able to capture the entire bottom of the staircase just up to the top of the spiral.  You can see my other capture of this staircase here, which I took quite some time ago with a kit lens, the 18-105mm, on my Nikon D90.  Better yet, I will post the other shot below.  Enjoy!!
This was edited in Nik's Silver Efex Pro, my absolute favorite program for converting images to black and white.  You can save 15% off your purchase by visiting their site here!
And here is my older shot of this staircase, taken from the top looking down.  Which do you like better???

No comments:

Post a Comment